Understanding Russians: Contexts of Intercultural Communication
- The purpose of the course is to provide the students with a broad overview of the basic principles governing the past, the present and the future interactions between Russia and the West, with a focus on the culture and national psychology of Russians and Western Europeans.
- Build skills in the analysis of the intercultural communication process using Russian-Western communication as an example
- Apply the knowledge of interrelations between different contexts of communication (cultural, institutional, professional, social, interpersonal, etc.) to the cultural history and national psychology of Russians
- Understanding Russians: Contexts of Intercultural CommunicationsIntercultural Communication as an Academic Discipline. Culture in Intercultural Communication. Theory of Communication. Culture’s Impact on Communication: Politeness. Communication in Organizational Contexts. Social Stratification and Occupational Cultures in Russia. Interpersonal Communication. Culture as a Narrative.
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.7 * Average of graded quizzes for all the course modules + 0.3 * Final test
- Research Methods in Intercultural Communication : A Practical Guide, edited by Zhu Hua, John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, 2016. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=4093364.
- Intercultural Communication, edited by Ling Chen, De Gruyter, Inc., 2017. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=4843210.