Russian Language Preparatory Course
About the programme:
- During the course participants will be able to improve their language skills (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) and adapt to the new educational environment.
- Apart from Russian language, students study professional disciplines in accordance with the chosen major.
- The combination of theory with practice-oriented education will help students develop a number of skills in Russian language (speaking, reading, writing, listening comprehension as well as presentation, communicative and intercultural competences).
The programme is aimed at mastering the following language aspects:
- Russian grammar
- listening comprehesion
- oral communication
- public speaking and presentations
- participation in seminars
- writing essays and reports.
The programme’s target audience:
- Foreign citizens who have got secondary education and would like to enter HSE-Nizhny Novgorod.
- Citizens of the Russian Federation and people without citizenship for whom Russian is not a native language and who would like to improve their knowledge of Russian and/or enter HSE-Nizhny Novgorod.
The programme will provide participants with knowledge of Russian Language at the 1st certified level B1 – general knowledge that would them to pass TRKI-1 exam. On completion of studies and after successful passing of the exam on Russian language, students get a certificateof established pattern that will allow them to study at the Russian Federation universities at Bachelor’s and Master’s educational programmes.
The course thematic plan:
- Russian as a foreign language
- History of Russia
- Geography of Russia
- History of Russian Culture
Curriculum load – 2508 hours (1008 in-class hours).
Length of studies – 10 months.
The studies are planned for weekdays (Monday – Friday).
Number of students in a group: 8 – 18.
Tuition fee: 100 000 rubles. Tuition does not include accommodation and/or medical insurance. Payment by installments is possible (up to four payment phases).
On successful completion of the programme 'Preparatory Course on Russian Language' international students will get a 25% discount for the whole period of full-degree studies at HSE.
Please note: we do not offer accommodation. You have to arrange it yourself. It is important, that the owner of the flat you plan to rent registers you upon arrival.