Management Strategies: Business Strategies in Global Environment
- The aim of the course “Business Strategies in Global Environment” is to master the art of strategic management within global environment.
- know the definitions and key concepts of strategic management, strategy foundations, business modelling. distinguishes between schools of strategic management.
- know and be able to use the following tools: PESTEL-analysis. Industry analysis. 5 competitive forces. Competition analysis
- know and be able to use: strategic opportunities, Client value analysis, Ansoff matrix, Product-market-channel matrix, Vision statement, Vision propagation instruments
- know and be able to use: Functional strategies. Balanced Score Card. Financial strategies. Marketing strategies. Corporate architecture. HR strategies.
- know and be able to use: Strategic diagnosing. Gap analysis. SWOT analysis. Scenario planning. Action planning
- know Change management concepts. Strategic team. Leadership challenges. Strategic mistakes
- Understanding strategy
- Analyzing business environment
- Creating strategic vision
- Choosing and supporting functional strategies
- Managing strategic process
- Implementing strategy
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.25 * Class participation + 0.5 * Exam + 0.25 * Home assignment
- Drumaux, A. (2018). Strategic Management for Public Governance in Europe [Elektronische Ressource] / by Anne Drumaux, Paul Joyce. London: Palgrave Macmillan. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.495046760
- Audretsch David B. Everything in Its Place: Entrepreneurship and the Strategic Management of Cities, Regions, and States [Book]. - Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2015.