- The course is designed to combine the two: students learn by experience, give and receive feedback, and master new strategies and tools to try. By the end of the course you will know how to handle distributive vs integrative negotiations, how to organise and host efficient meetings, how to communicate clearly in business writing.
- Students analyse and interpret key issues of business and cross-cultural communication and are able to describe communication as a process.
- Students analyse the basis of various cultural theories to increase cultural awareness.
- Students evaluate major characteristics of nonverbal communication and are able to use formal and informal language in terms of business communication.
- Students explain various theoretical approaches to the study of culture.
- Students accumulate and bring together different points of view, and negotiate collective solutions to pressing problems.
- Students implement tactics to negotiate effectively within various cultural environments using appropriate language.
- Students interpret and forecast cases of a culture shock and learn how to adapt to an international context.
- Students analyse differences between cultural oppositions and formulate tactics knows how to work with ethnic stereotypes.
- The Theory of Communication
- Classification of cultures
- Language Barrier in Business Communication
- Communication failures
- Cases of Business Communication
- Проект по деловым коммуникациямThe team should consist of 3-5 people. For the team assignment and presentation students are expected to give a presentation of a culture (Russian or French or American or British or Italian etc) with the reference to the theoretical part of the course (Hall’s cultural parameters, Hofstede’s cultural dimensions, Lewis cross cultural communication model etc) as well as the major “kontzepts” of the chosen culture. Presentation should consist of about 10 slides and detailed project description 1500-2500 words submitted via the Internet 3 days before the presentation in class.
- Communicating in global business negotiations : a geocentric approach, Rudd, J. E., 2007
- Литература и методы её изучения : системно-синергетический подход, учебное пособие, 276 с., Зинченко, В. Г., Зусман, В. Г., Кирнозе, З. И., 2011
- Cronje, J. C. (2011). Using Hofstede’s cultural dimensions to interpret cross-cultural blended teaching and learning. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.113A7439
- Основы кросскультурного менеджмента : как вести бизнес с представителями других стран и культур: учеб. пособие, Мясоедов, С. П., 2012
- Язык и межкультурная коммуникация : учеб. пособие, Тер-Минасова, С. Г., 2000