Summer School 'Economics in Russia: National Aspects'
The Summer School
- Focuses on the possible trajectories for Russia’s economic development amid today’s global climate of instability
- Concentrates on the most important economic issues and outlining the prospects for future economic growth
- Underlines Russia’s monetary policy goals and instruments that Central Bank uses in turbulent times
- Explores Russian financial market, risks and investment opportunities
- Involves the analysis of macroeconomic conditions of doing business in Russia with notable entrepreneurs and top managers sharing their practical experience during visits to companies
- Examines foreign policy directions, main political risks and challenges
- Provides a discussion on strategic management of Russian economic development on the company level
Courses on Russian Economy are supplemented by sessions on intercultural communications, Russian mentality and side trips to historic locations in the vicinity.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of Russian economic policy strategies
- Understanding of the most important pecularities of Russian financial sector and the interaction of economics and politics
- Ability to use statistical and economic data, academic knowledge, references, and literature on a given topics to analyze current situation in Russia
- System vision of Eurasian integration processes of which Russia is an inalienable part now
- Basic knowledge of Russian Language