TOP Places to Visit in Nizhny Novgorod
There are many interesting and beautiful places in Nizhny Novgorod, so we compiled this list of the best places to visit in our city.
4 Top Places for Sports Enthusiasts
1) «Nizhny Novgorod» Stadium is a venue for football matches and the most popular concerts. The arena hosts home matches of the «Nizhny Novgorod» Football Club. It is located at the address: Betancura street, 1A.
2) Sports and Entertainment Area "SPORT PORT" is a territory of sports and recreation, with a total area of more than 20,000 square meters. It is located at the address: Betancura street, 1A.
3) «Nagorny» Sport Complex is the venue for home games of the «Torpedo» hockey club and «Nizhny Novgorod» basketball club. Public ice skating and other sports events are held in «Nagorny». It is located at the address: Gagarina Prospect, 29.
4) Automobile Sports Complex "NRing" - a venue for exciting automobile competitions. It is located in the Nizhny Novgorod region at the 37th kilometer on the highway R125.
5 Top Places for History and Art Lovers
1) Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin, on the territory of which there are 3 museums - the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin Museum, the Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum, and the Arsenal State Center for Contemporary Art. The main entrance to the Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin is located on the side of Minin Square.
2) Rukavishnikov's Mansion is a cultural heritage site, a magnificent architectural monument of the XIX century. On three floors of the Mansion there are permanent and changing historical exhibitions. The estate is located at Verkhne-Volzhskaya Embankment, 7.
3) Art Gallery "Yurkovka". Most of the gallery's works were created by Alexander Yurkov in the unusual author's technique of "Florian mosaic" - only from leaves and herbs. The artist saw in the withered fallen leaves an inexhaustible source of subtle color gradations, deep emotions and philosophical reflections. The gallery is located at the address: Minin and Pozharsky square, 2/2 (Nizhny Novgorod state exhibition complex).
4) Multimedia Historical Park "Russia - My History" - a unique exhibition project that tells about the history of Russia from ancient times to the present day in the language of modern technologies. It is located at Sovnarkomovskaya street, 13 (Nizhny Novgorod Fair).
5) Museum of the Artistic Craftwork is «treasury» of traditional folk art and crafts of the XVII-XXI centuries. Guests of the Museum can visit a farmhouse with carved platbands, dishes and household items; a church with carved holy gates; a merchant's house with wooden furniture in the national Russian style. It is located at Bolshaya Pokrovskaya street, 43, 4th floor.
6 Top Places for Architecture Lovers
1) The State Bank (Bolshaya Pokrovskaya street, 26);
2) The Chamber of merchant Athanasius Olisov (Krutoy Lane, 7);
3) The River Station (Markin square, 15A);
4) The Rukavishnikov' mansion (Nizhne-Volzhskaya Embankment, 11);
5) The Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (Strelka street, 3A);
6) The Nizhny Novgorod Fair (Sovnarkomovskaya street, 13).
4 Top Places for Theater and Concert Lovers
1) Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Drama Theater of Gorky (Bolshaya Pokrovskaya street, 13);
2) Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater (Belinskogo street, 59);
3) Comedy Theater (Gruzinskaya street, 23);
4) Nizhny Novgorod State Academic Philharmonic - Kremlin Concert Hall (Kremlin, 2);
5 Top Places for Tech Enthusiasts
1) History Museum of Russian car-producer GAZ. The museum presents a historical and technical collection of exhibits that reflect the development of both the Gorky Automobile Plant and the entire national automotive industry. It is located at Lenin Avenue, 95.
2) Technical Museum - the museum of ancient equipment and tools. It is located at Bolshaya Pokrovskaya street, 43.
3) Museum of Interactive Science “Quarks” - the museum is filled with a large number of interesting exhibits that demonstrate the physics laws and explain some natural phenomena. It is located at Rodionova street, 165.
4) Nizhniy Novgorod Radio Laboratory Museum of Science. In the museum you can learn about the history of great discoveries in radio engineering, the achievements of Nizhny Novgorod physicists and get acquainted with the work of ancient exhibits. It is located at Verkhne-Volzhskaya Embankment, 5.
5) Steam Locomotives of Russia - an open-air exhibition, which is represented by 15 steam locomotives. It is located at Gorokhovetskaya street.
9 Top Places for Walking Lovers
1) Bolshaya Pokrovskaya street;
2) Rozhdestvenskaya street;
3) Nizhne-Volzhskaya Embankment;
4) Ilinskaya Street;
5) Meshcherskoe Lake;
6) Switzerland Recreation Park;
7) Fedorovsky Embankment;
8) Verkhne-Volzhskaya Embankment;
9) Schelokovskiy Khutor.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.