Semester in Nizhny Novgorod
You are considered an exchange student if you spend one or two semesters at our University and then return to your home university to complete your studies.
You can design your curriculum according to your own interests and goals, you can choose any courses you wish, even combine two separate fields.
Exchange students are permitted to enroll in any course offered by the host institution for which they are qualified. Only Russian as a foreign language courses (of any level) are not on the standard schedule and are organized specially for the international students, who applied for them for extra charge.
Please find the list of courses taught in English or in Russian here.
If you have decided to come to the Higher School of Economics – Nizhny Novgorod as an exchange student, please contact the International Relations Office in advance. You may download the application form here Application form
We will help you
- with the official invitation letter from the HSE – Nizhny Novgorod. You will need it to apply for a visa;
- to find the accommodation, that suits you the most;
- to find the right courses you can take during your exchange semester;
- provide you with a “student buddy” – a Russian student, who will help you with adaptation to HSE – Nizhny Novgorod University and city life;
- with any other questions you may have before, while or after the exchange semester.
Please note that the autumn semester begins September 1, and the spring semester begins in the second week of January.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.