- students studying the basic principles, trends and patterns of the world economy and forms of foreign economic cooperation between countries
- the development of students' skills in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the most important economic processes and trends in the development of international economic relations
- the formation of students' skills of independent work with literature, electronic resources and Internet sources
- the formation of a comprehensive understanding among students about international economic relations as a global system of interconnections covering the world economy
- Has an idea of integration processes in the global economy
- Understands the patterns of international trade relations development, the role of trade restrictions in their relationship. Solves problems on the topic.
- Understand the mechanism of functioning of the world currency market.
- Knows the structure of the Balance of Payments and is able to analyze changes in the volume of international payments in the context of articles of the Balance of Payments.
- Knows the main determinants of exchange rates, understands the role of expectations.
- Knows the concept of an optimum range of a single currency, understands the role of monetary policy in ensuring the international competitiveness of the country.
- Globalization. Regional integrationStrengthening the relationship between countries and societies. Preconditions for globalization, new risks. Regional integration: signs, objectives, contradictions. Stage of regional integration. The largest integration groups
- International trade relations. Foreign trade restrictions. Trade warsInternational exchange of goods. Tools of trade regulation. Trade / tariff wars. The role of the GATT and the WTO in preventing tariff wars.
- Currency market. Currency regimes. International Currency SystemsThe main agents of the currency market. Currency Modes
- Balance of payments. Payment balancePurpose and structure of the Balance of Payments. Net international investment position.
- Determinants of the exchange rate. The role of expectations.Monetary model: effects of monetary shocks, real income growth. The Role of Expectations. The Dornbusch Model: Simulation of Short-Term Exchange Rates.
- The optimal coverage of a single currency. Currency wars, speculative attacks on the exchange rateTheory of optimal currency zones. Currency crises. The model of the first generation of currency crises based on the monetary model with flexible prices. Calculation of the moment of speculative attack.
- Seminar activity
- ExamИтоговый контроль в 2019/2020 учебном году состоялся в 3 модуле
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.3 * Exam + 0.2 * Homework + 0.2 * Seminar activity + 0.3 * Test
- Krugman, P. R., Obstfeld, M., & Melitz, M. J. (2015). International Economics: Theory and Policy, Global Edition (Vol. Tenth edition, global edition). Boston: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1419045
- Mohtadi, Sh. A Guide to International Economics / Shahruz Mohtadi. – New York: Business Expert press, 2017. – 147 p. – (Economics and Public Policy Collection / ed. by Philip J. Romero, Jeffrey A. Edwards). - Текст: электронный // DB ProQuest Ebook Central (ebrary) [сайт]. – URL: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/reader.action?docID=5781051&query=International%2BEconomics