- students studying the basic principles, trends and patterns of the world economy and forms of foreign economic cooperation between countries
- the development of students' skills in the qualitative and quantitative analysis of the most important economic processes and trends in the development of international economic relations
- the formation of students' skills of independent work with literature, electronic resources and Internet sources
- the formation of a comprehensive understanding among students about international economic relations as a global system of interconnections covering the world economy
- Has an idea of integration processes in the global economy
- Knows the concept of an optimum range of a single currency, understands the role of monetary policy in ensuring the international competitiveness of the country.
- Knows the main determinants of exchange rates, understands the role of expectations.
- Knows the structure of the Balance of Payments and is able to analyze changes in the volume of international payments in the context of articles of the Balance of Payments.
- Understand the mechanism of functioning of the world currency market.
- Understands the patterns of international trade relations development, the role of trade restrictions in their relationship. Solves problems on the topic.
- Globalization. Regional integration
- International trade relations. Foreign trade restrictions. Trade wars
- Currency market. Currency regimes. International Currency Systems
- Balance of payments. Payment balance
- Determinants of the exchange rate. The role of expectations.
- The optimal coverage of a single currency. Currency wars, speculative attacks on the exchange rate
- 2021/2022 3rd module0.2 * Homework + 0.3 * Exam + 0.2 * Seminar activity + 0.3 * Test
- Krugman, P. R., Obstfeld, M., & Melitz, M. J. (2015). International Economics: Theory and Policy, Global Edition (Vol. Tenth edition, global edition). Boston: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1419045
- Mohtadi, Sh. A Guide to International Economics / Shahruz Mohtadi. – New York: Business Expert press, 2017. – 147 p. – (Economics and Public Policy Collection / ed. by Philip J. Romero, Jeffrey A. Edwards). - Текст: электронный // DB ProQuest Ebook Central (ebrary) [сайт]. – URL: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/reader.action?docID=5781051&query=International%2BEconomics