Fundamentals of International Business and Management
- To make overview of business environment, as well as main actors, stakeholders and mo-tives of company international activities.
- To introduce basic theoretical approaches and principles, the founders and key followers of management theory
- To understand core principles, ideas and instruments of international management.
- To give understanding of basic management functions
- To make overview of corporate structures, processes and procedures originating activities in global environment
- To emphasize the role of leaders and talents in making business client-centric, socially re-sponsible and sustainable
- Build up and stimulate an interest to the course and knowledge-formation process. Stimu-late self-work (cabinet and field studies) for in-depth understanding of the course material
- Provide an advice on the search in Internet of the most reliable, respectful and knowledge-based websites,web-pages and video-recourses
- Coach and consult students in research projects
- Motivate for excellent results of research projects and its presentations in-class
- Has enhanced problem-solving skills in management by offered set of analytical tools (i.e., theories, frameworks, concepts, and techniques).
- Interpret basic management functions, as well as structures, processes and procedures
- International business and the evolution of the global business environment
- Main Actors of International Business
- Challenges of International business environment
- Forms of growth and progress of international companies
- The World of International Company. Motivation and goals. Essence of Management.
- Management functions
- Organizational Design
- Management Thinking in XX century
- Management Thinking in XXI century
- Marketing as an integrating function of management of international companies
- Digital marketing in the practice of international companies.
- Innovative activities of international companies. Competition and competitiveness of international companies
- Peculiarities of doing business in different countries and regions
- International business in the context of global imbalances and the transformation of globali-zation. The future of international business
- Assessment of Class attendance
- Assessment of Class Activities (presentations)
- Assessment at Final examination/assessment (written)
- 2021/2022 1st module
- 2021/2022 2nd module0.3 * Assessment at Final examination/assessment (written) + 0.5 * Assessment of Class Activities (presentations) + 0.2 * Assessment of Class attendance
- Deresky, H. (2016). International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures, Text and Cases, Global Edition. [N.p.]: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1419482
- Cole, B. M., & Chandler, D. (2019). A Model of Competitive Impression Management: Edison versus Westinghouse in the War of the Currents. Administrative Science Quarterly, 64(4), 1020–1063. https://doi.org/10.1177/0001839218821439