- Know the basic concepts of corporate finance.
- Know the methods and models of corporate finance.
- To be able to use the basic concepts, methods and models in financial decisions making.
- To acquire the skills of analysis of the main factors of company value.
- To gain experience in evaluating various approaches to the justification of strategic and cur-rent financial decisions.
- To acquire skills of search and selection of effective investment projects.
- To acquire the skill of finding the optimal sources of financing.
- Able to apply the calculation of the present value to the valuation of financial assets.
- Able to apply the criterion of net present value in making investment decisions. Knows alternative criteria used in making investment decisions.
- Compares the impact of borrowing policies on company value based on various concepts. Knows the impact of corporate and personal taxes on management actions.Knows the concept of a tax shield.
- Knows the approaches to risk assessment in evaluating an investment project. Able to assess the sensitivity of the project. Able to manage risk.
- Knows the concept of capital structure. Compares the impact of dividend policy on the value of the company based on various concepts.
- Knows the concept of market rent. Knows the stages of the investment process. Owns methods for assessing the effectiveness of management using economic value added.
- Knows the concept of present and net present value. Able to calculate the present and net present value.
- Knows the concept of risk and return. Knows the methods of calculating systematic risk. Able to calculate the discount rate of the project using various models.
- Knows the definition of risk and the concept of opportunity costs of raising capital. Knows the methods of risk assessment based on statistical indicators.
- Knows the impact of operational and financial leverage on project risk. Able to determine the beta of the project when it is impossible to directly calculate it.
- Owns methods for calculating adjusted present value. He knows the methods of calculating the weighted average cost of capital.
- Present value and opportunity costs.
- Valuation of financial assets.
- Criterion of net present value in making investment decisions and its advantages.
- Risk, profitability and opportunity costs.
- The relationship between risk and profitability.
- Capital investment planning and risk assessment.
- Planning and analysis of capital investments.
- Investment process and maximization of net present value.
- Corporate Financing. Dividend policy and capital structure.
- Corporate borrowing policy.
- Financing and valuation.
- 2022/2023 4th module0.2 * Control work №2 + 0.1 * Independent work + 0.4 * Exam + 0.2 * Control work №1 + 0.1 * Homework
- Corelli, A. Analytical Corporate Finance / Angelo Corelli. – 2nd ed. – Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2018. – (Springer Texts in Business and Economics). - Текст: электронный // DB Springer Books [сайт]. - URL: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-95762-3
- Thibierge, Ch. A Practical Guide to Corporate Finance: Breaking the Financial Ice / Christophe Thibierge, Andrew Beresford. – Basingstoke, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. – Текст: электронный // DB Springer Books [сайт]. - URL: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1057/9781137492548
- Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice / Pierre Vernimmen, Pascal Quiry, Maurizio Dal-locchio, Yann Le Fur, Antonio Salvi. – 5th ed. – Chichester: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2018. – 1010 p.