- This course is aimed at preparing students to use legal English in different legal contexts To achieve this goal, they will have the opportunity to explore authentic legal texts (documents, contracts) as a way of knowing how they are filed in English, the speaking practice being a tool for problem solving. They will be actively engaged in reading and discussing legal cases.
- experience in working with different information sources on theory and legal practice
- skills on designing some types of contracts
- skills on the use of various legal vocabulary in certain contexts
- skills on using ICT and different modern technologies
- Topic 1. The practice of Law
- Topic 2. Contract law.
- Topic 3. Contracts: assignment and third party’s rights
- Topic 4. Employment law.
- Topic 5. Company law.
- Introduction to International Legal English : a course for classroom or self-study use, Student's Book, TransLegal, 4th ed., 160 p., Krois-Linder, A., Firth, M., 2012
- International Legal English. A course for classroom or self-study use, Krois-Lindner, A., 2011