В старых версиях браузеров сайт может отображаться некорректно. Для оптимальной работы с сайтом рекомендуем воспользоваться современным браузером.
The Independent English Exam is aimed at evaluating the level of English language proficiency needed for the purposes of academic communication and assessing whether the students are ready to use the English language as a medium of instruction in a variety of academic programmes. The exam is a mandatory part of the curriculum of bachelor’s and specialist’s degrees and is held annually in a format similar to that of an international exam. The exam consists of four parts - reading, listening, writing, and an interview. In the Reading section, students are required to do tasks based on academic texts. In the Listening section, students are to complete a series of listening comprehension tasks. In the Writing portion of the exam, students have to understand and describe visual information, and write an argumentative essay. During the Interview, students have to answer a series of questions.
It is strongly recommended that students should take the following courses before sitting the Independent English Exam:
• English for General Communication Purposes (Foundation course, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced);
• English for General Academic Purposes (Upper-Intermediate, Advanced);
• English for Business Purposes (Upper-Intermediate, Advanced);
• English for Specific Purposes: Legal English, Social Studies, Public Administration, General Linguistics, Urban Studies, English for International Studies, History, History of Art, Philology, Art and Design, Chemistry, Biology, English for Logistics and SCM, English for Journalism and Media, Applied Mathematics, Electronic and Computer Engineering, Economics, English for a global manager;
• English for Specific Academic Purposes: Ancient World, Linguistics, Maths and Information Technology, Theoretical Linguistics;
• International English Examinations Practice;
• Mastering Soft Skills through English How to Think Critically and Adapt to Changes.