Russian Language Summer School "Gorky - Quest"
What is the summer school ”Gorky - Quest”?
This is an unforgettable summer adventure that will allow you to master real, spoken Russian language and achieve the next level! You will see the real Russia – so different, bright, generous and mysterious. Interesting lessons, trips, meetings with new people, a lot of communication and a real quest await you!
A cable car ride, a search for an ancient library, a gastro-tour and unforgettable sunsets of Nizhny Novgorod! And, of course, the mystery of the Russian soul, which we will solve together.
And to prepare for the trip, we offer you to complete a free online quest!
Dates for the Summer School in 2021:
The Summer School Social Programme includes several excursions around Nizhny Novgorod, during which you will get acquainted with our city, culture, traditions and history of Russia.
- Sightseeing tour-quest in Nizhny Novgorod
- Sightseeing tour of the Kremlin
- Museum of Wooden Architecture
- Non-touristy Nizhny
- Cable car and walk along the Bor
- Mystic Nizhny
- Cathedrals, churches and saint places of Nizhny Novgorod
- Sormovo and Sormovsky Park
- Sightseeing tour of the Avtozavodsky district (with a visit to the museum of the GAZ factory)
- Culinary master-class
- Picnic on Schyolokovsky farm or on the river bank
- Boat trip on the Oka or Volga River
- Excursion to the art museum (painting, sculpture)
- Excursion to the ice cream factory
- Excursion to the Christmas tree toy factory
- Horseback riding in Sormovo or Scherbinki
- One-day sightseeing tour of Moscow
- Two-day sightseeing tour of St. Petersburg (overnight in a hostel)
- One-day trip to the city of Vladimir
- One-day trip to the town of Suzdal
- One-day trip to the town of Gorodets
- One-day trip to the city of Semenov
- One-day trip to Peshelan (gypsum cave)
- One-day trip to the town Arzamas
- One-day trip to Boldino
Summer School Programme:
1. Entrance testing
2. Grammar correction course. Logical and simple grammar, interesting exercises, format of game. Author’s program.
3. Communication course. Spoken Russian. Easy speaking. Contemporary oral speech.
4. Multimedia. Songs, videos, games, blogs, podcasts. We listen, watch and discuss different types of content.
5. Russian etiquette in a new way. What to do to be accepted as a Russian?
6. This strange Russia. Russian character, habits, holidays, cuisine. Seminars and master classes.
8. Holiday “The riddle of the Russian soul”
9. Final testing
Summer School Programme
The timetable of the Summer School will be published soon.
International students can apply to stay in the HSE - Nizhny Novgorod Dormitorty №2. Detailed information about the hostel can be found on our website.
The cost of living is 8800 rubles per month.
It is also possible stay with a family (with half board or with breakfast only) or rent an apartment.
How to apply?
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.