Economics of Transition and Emerging Markets
- The aim of course is to learn to analyse emerging-market economies and economies in transition
- Сonducts analysis of socially significant problems and processes
- Formulates and substantiates its own point of view on socio-economic processes in Russia and in the world
- Economics of Transition and Emerging MarketsCentrally planned economy: its origins, evolution and collapse. Post-communist transition and its outcomes. The role of external actors in post-communist transition and economic reforms in Asia. Market reforms in the Arab world, Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America. Emerging markets and their role in global economy. EMEs, globalization and international trade.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.5 * Average of all module quizzes + 0.5 * Peer-assessed essay
- Mitra, P., Selowsky, M., & Zalduendo, J. (2010). Turmoil at Twenty : Recession, Recovery, and Reform in Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Washington, DC: World Bank Publications. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=301809
- Economic Development and Entrepreneurship in Transition Economies / editors by Jovo Ateljević, Jelena Trivić. – Springer, Cham, 2016. - Текст: электронный // DB Springer Books [сайт]. – URL: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-28856-7#toc