Strategic and Innovation Management
- The course aims to provide basic knowledge and develop students' skills in the field of strategic and innovation management, in particular, to study: • modern approaches and trends in management; • classic models of strategic and innovation analysis of the external and internal environment; • advantages, disadvantages and differences between resource and market approaches; • the main provisions of the resource concept in strategic and innovation management; • strategic potential and competitive position of the company, identification of sources sustainable competitive advantages; • tools for the Innovation management of the organization in connection with specific situations of modern Russian and international business.
- Must show the essence of vision and mission in the enterprise strategy
- Able to formulate and organize the stages of the strategic process
- Able to articulate the goals of the organization and manage according to targets
- Able to determine the type of company, its strategy and resources.
- Able to conduct analysis of control systems for compliance of strategic goals with operational ones.
- Able to conduct analysis of compliance with the strategy and the innovation strategy of the enterprise.
- Strategic Management ReviewThe content of the topic: • The essence of enterprise strategy. Five Elements of the 5p Strategy (G. Mintzberg). • Organization management levels. Operational management. Tactical and strategic management. • Long-term and strategic planning. General and differences of these concepts. • Corporate, business, and functional strategies. The essence of each strategy. • Needs and goals of the business. Office by purpose. SMART / ER principle.
- Strategic processThe content of the topic: • Types of M. Porter's strategic positioning. • Strategic business segmentation (BU). What is the essence of the strategy? • The essence of scenario planning in strategy? • Components of a strategic process (Johnson and Scholes, 1993; Pettigrew, 1988). • The need for strategic management of the organization.
- . Environmental analysisThe content of the topic: • Vision and mission of the organization. Organization Mission Components (Campbell Model and • Jung, 1991). • Stakeholders of the organization and their requirements (Pierce and Robinson, 2003). • Stakeholder Classification. (Argenti, 2003). Types of Authority interested parties. (Winstanley et al., 1995) • Four strategy assessment tests (Johnson and Scholes, 2003), (Rumelt, 1995), (Grant, 2002), (Grant, 2002)
- Competition based on resources and abilities.The content of the topic: • Ansoff Matrix (strategic growth options) (1965) • The purpose of the strategy. Strategic issues (features) (Grant, 2002). • Macroeconomics. The microenvironment model (Fahi and Narayanan, 1986). Four stages of analysis • the external environment • Five forces model (M. Porter, 1980), analysis of industry structure. • The concept of entry barriers (Byne, 1956). Six types of entry barriers by model • Porter (threat of invasion of new members). The seventh form of entry barriers.
- Implementation of the strategy.The content of the topic: • Strategic group (McG, 1985; McG and Thomas, 1986 and 1989). Options, • determining ownership of a strategic group. Sources of mobility barriers. • The concept of "strategic space". • General strategies for M. Porter. Differentiation strategy. • Methods of product differentiation. Six kinds of differentiation strategies and • classification of markets (according to Mintzberg).
- Innovation and innovation processes.The content of the topic: • Differences between “invention” and “innovation” according to Schumpeter • Typology of innovation. Social innovation • 7 sources of innovation by Peter Drucker • Two core competency concepts (VRIO Barney, Porter's Value Chain) • Innovative process and models. The main limitations of the models. • The concept of Open Innovation
- Brennan, S. (1999). Robert Goodin, Utilitarianism as a Public Philosophy. Reviewed by. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.CC4AF80B
- Томпсон А.А., Стрикленд А.Дж. Стратегический менеджмент. Искусство разработки и реализации стратегии: Учебник для вузов / Пер. с англ. под ред. Л.Г. Зайцева, М.И. Соколовой. — М. : Банки и биржи, ЮНИТИ, 2017. - 576 с. - ISBN 978-5-85173-059-5. - Текст : электронный. - URL: https://new.znanium.com/catalog/product/1028918
- Томпсон, А.А. Стратегический менеджмент. Искусство разработки и реализации стратегии : учебник для вузов / А.А.Томпсон, Дж. А. Стрикленд ; пер. с англ. под ред. Л.Г. Зайцева, М.И. Соколовой. — Москва : Банки и биржи ; ЮНИТИ, 2017. - 576 с. - ISBN 5-85173-059-5. - Текст : электронный. - URL: https://new.znanium.com/catalog/product/1027299 - Текст : электронный. - URL: http://znanium.com/catalog/product/1027299