Global Alumni: First Steps towards a Successful Career in Austria
We wrote about Anna Zotova, already our graduate by now, just recently describing how she continued her studies in Austria during the second year of the programme and got a few internships at Austrian companies. This article will follow Anna on the new turn in her career abroad.
- I was invited for an interview by the recommendations of my supervisor from Lithos company for whom I did the marketing research in spring of 2016 (still during the programme). And i had managed to receive an offer at Lithos through the recommendation of the head of Global Business program in Austria, Daniel Semper. Anyway, they liked resume, took special interest in the Global Business curriculum and, of course, the two previous internships at the other two companies. My current internship amounts to 20 hours a week, the first two months at the production department, in order to know all the peculiarities of the production process and the product itself, and later - at the sales department and working with the Russian subsidiaries. As a result of the internship company is willing to offer me a full-time position in June.
- We do not doubt that you will do a great job and will be offered the full-time position by merit! From our Austrian colleagues we know that this is a very reputable company, so we are happy for your career success!
- Many thanks! However, this is not all. I also work for a local newspaper writing articles. And most importantly, I feel strong inner motivation which helps me to grow! I am sincerely grateful to the programme for having provided me with the opportunity of growth and development, which I myself could never have imagined!
- What could you recommend to our current students or those who are just going to enrol on the programme?
- My advice to GB students who are now studying in the programme - value this unique opportunity! And those who are still deciding which programme to join - this is quite a decisive choice, take into consideration long-term and global perspective! Greetings from Linz! )))
We are proud of our graduates and wish Anna to continue her journey towards a global career as enthusiastically as she started it!