Global Business Graduate will organize TEDx Event in Nizhny Novgorod
TED is an intellectual conference which aims at spreading unique ideas. The topics vary from science, art, design, politics, culture, business,global challenges, and technology to entertainment. TEDx project allows people from different countries, cities, Universities, communities to organize indipendent TED-style events. Anastasiya Polozova, Global Business graduate, year 2015, is going to be the first person in Nizhny Novgorod to host this event.
- The idea came unexpectedly, last year I heard from a friend about the format of TEDx (not to be confused with the main TED!). This letter "x" means that the conference is organized independently by a team from any city and any country, in fact - through a "franchise" issued by the main office of TED. I began researching this: it turned out that in Russia the TEDx format has been flourishing since 2009 and has already become annual in many cities. This way i became determined and excited to make our city part of this TED community! I invited my friend, Lisa Fomina to help with organization. We figured out the rules for obtaining a license, contacted the TED. And now, after 3 months of negotiations, we received a license and a unique name for the event - TEDxYouth@KulibinPark. The "Youth" insert means that the event is created by young organizers and therefore the speakers, respectively, are young and energetic representatives of business, science, media and other spheres. TED strictly monitors the quality and compliance with standards. This is the main difficulty - to show the high level and adequately present the ideas of the Nizhny Novgorod speakers in the world. Yes, the world, because the records of the most memorable performances will go to the official site of TED (in the section TEDx) and will be available to watch absolutely anywhere in the world with Internet connection.
- Is it possible to announce who will be the speakers? At least can you hint which topics or professions will be represented?
- We will disclose all the details gradually, but already now we can say: all the speeches will be in English. Of course, for all speakers this is exciting - after all, English is not a native language for anybody, but several coaches and experts have joined us to assist the speakers in the next few months in designing and rehearsing the speech.
- How difficult is it to carry out such a project? After all, as far as I understand, this is an additional workload on top of a full-time job for the speakers, as well as the organizers themselves?
- As for the difficulty of it all - can I answer this question post factum?))) Now I can only say that we have received many proposals for cooperation, assistance and support! It's incredible! In fact, I can say from personal experience: in high school we watched a lot of TED performances to improve our English. And it turned out that not only us! But the main thing about the TED format, after all, is not language learning, but an effective presentation of ideas! And this is exactly the point on which we will work most carefully to really inspire the audience.