There are three admission tracks available for international applicants, which complement one another.
International applicants to the undergraduate programmes must complete and submit an application by August 13, 2023.
Applicants are required to take two programme-specific entrance tests (online, on-campus or during face-to-face qualifying events in your country).
All applicants have the opportunity to be enrolled as a self-paid student or get a full-tuition or a partial-tuition (up to 70%) scholarship.
Competitions / Olympiads
Undergraduate international applicants are welcomed to take part in the following competitions:
- Global Scholarship Competition;
- Olympiad ‘The Higher Trial’ (the webpage is in Russian only);
Winners have the opportunity to get a full- or a partial-tuition scholarship.
General Admission (limited eligibility)
Certain categories of international applicants are eligible to apply for a state-funded seats:
- Citizens of Belarus, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (national passport must be provided).
- Citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine permanently residing in Russia (permanent residence document must be provided).
- Compatriots living abroad (Compatriot status confirmation must be provided according to the Federal Law N99 dated 24.05.1999).
Under the general admission international applicants compete with Russian applicants and have to take 3 or 4 in-person entrance examinations.
How to apply
Russian Language Course
The Russian language at HSE University - Nizhny Novgorod is a set of courses with the highest quality of training. We provide our students with the solid knowledge and prepare them for admission to bachelor’s degree programmes taught in Russian.
+7 831 436-74-09 (ext. 6513 / 6306)
Отдел международных связей (Нижний Новгород): Ведущий эксперт
Отдел международных связей (Нижний Новгород): Начальник отдела