Introduction to Data Science
- Teach students basic Python programming skills. To teach students basic data extraction and processing techniques necessary for further study and work in the specialty. Introduce students to the basic concepts and techniques of data analysis, statistics, and machine learning.
- Identify big data problems and be able to recast problems as data science questions
- By the end of this session students should be able to recognize and describe data;
- Importing data from various sources
- Can work with data science team to refine product
- A student can choose proper tools and instruments for data visualization
- A student can prepare his data for visualization
- Basic knowledge about the field of data science.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic concepts of data science
- Student understands the role of Data Science in a strategic development of a business.
- Cleaning, transforming, and loading the data.
- Introduction to Tools
- Introduction to Data Visualization
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- 2022/2023 4th module0.3 * Python practical assignment + 0.4 * Тест + 0.3 * Visualization practical assignment
- Frederick J Gravetter, Lori-Ann B. Forzano, & Tim Rakow. (2021). Research Methods For The Behavioural Sciences, Edition 1. Cengage Learning.
- Vanderplas, J. T. (2016). Python Data Science Handbook : Essential Tools for Working with Data (Vol. First edition). Sebastopol, CA: Reilly - O’Reilly Media. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1425081
- Dr. Ossama Embarak. (2018). Data Analysis and Visualization Using Python : Analyze Data to Create Visualizations for BI Systems. Apress.
- McKinney, W. (2018). Python for Data Analysis : Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython (Vol. Second edition). Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1605925
- Rogers, S., & Girolami, M. (2016). A First Course in Machine Learning (Vol. 2nd ed). Milton: Chapman and Hall/CRC. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1399490