Money, Сredit, Banks
- The study of the theoretical foundations in the field of monetary circulation and regulation is necessary to understand the functioning of monetary processes in a modern economy and assess their impact on participants in economic relations and the results of their activities.
- Analyzes the structure and dynamics of money supply
- Analyzes indicators of money circulation
- Analyzes inflation indicators and evaluates anti-inflationary policy measures
- Analyzes balance of payments indicators to identify macroeconomic patterns
- Analyzes the parameters of credit transactions
- Analyzes the indicators of the banking sector, draws conclusions about its stability and development prospects
- Analyzes the balance sheet of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation
- Assesses the impact of money-credit policy on the country's economy
- Essence, functions and types of moneyMoney origin concept. Necessity and prerequisites for the emergence of money. Money as an economic category. Types of money and their features. Money theory. Functions of money. Quasi-money and monetary surrogates. Electronic money and mobile payments.
- Monetary systemThe essence and types of monetary systems. Characteristics of the elements of monetary systems. Monetary system of the Russian Federation. Money supply, indicators of its volume and structure. The law of money circulation. Emission and release of money into economic circulation. Money multiplier. The concept and structure of money turnover. National payment system: essence, structure, principles and infrastructural foundations. Payment instruments. Cash circulation. Organization of cashless payments. Traditional and electronic payment systems. Internet payment systems.
- InflationEssence and causes of inflation. Modern inflation as a multifactorial process. Description of the main types of inflation. The causes of inflation in Russia. Monetary reforms as a way to radically change the monetary system: nullification, devaluation, denomination. The main directions of anti-inflationary policy. Inflation targeting.
- Currency and currency systemConcept and classification of currencies. Exchange rates regime. Analysis of factors influencing the exchange rate. Currency system: essence, functions and types. Evolution of the world monetary system. Concept and types of exchange rate. Currency market. Foreign exchange policy. Balance of payments.
- Credit and credit systemThe nature and the need for the loan. Credit theory. Credit functions. The credit system and its role in the economy. Credit system participants. Loan forms. Demand and supply of credit. Loan interest. Nominal and real interest rates. Interest rate structure.
- Banks and banking systemBanks as financial intermediaries. Transformation of the role and functions of banks in modern conditions. Banking system: essence, composition and features of development. Banking infrastructure: tasks and activities. Types of banking operations and transactions. Remote Banking. Features of the balance of the commercial bank. Digital banking. Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. The Central Bank of the Russian Federation as a mega-regulator of the financial market. Banking regulation in Russia.
- Money-credit policyLiquidity assessment of the banking sector and the mechanisms of its regulation. Banking sector sustainability indicators. The essence and objectives of money-credit policy. Money-credit policy instruments and regimes. Reserve requirements policy. Refinancing of credit institutions. Interest rate policy of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation. Issue of bonds of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation. REPO transactions. Currency swap operations. Transmission mechanism of money-credit policy
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.2 * Classroom work + 0.2 * Control work 2 + 0.5 * Exam + 0.1 * Homework
- Godley, W. Monetary Economics. An Integrated Approach to Credit, Money, Income, Production and Wealth / Wynne Godley, Marc Lavoie. – London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012. – 500 p. – https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-137-08599-3
- Winkler, B. A Flow-of-Funds Perspective on the Financial Crisis.Volume I: Money, Credit and Sectoral Balance Sheets / Bernhard Winkler, Ad van Riet, Peter Bull. - London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2014. – 317 p. Retrieved from: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1057/9781137352989