All documents submitted as a part of your application should have English-language translation and preferably converted to PDF or JPEG format. We kindly ask you to merge multiple page scanned copies into one document. Also, please put your surname in the file name e.g. Smith_BADiploma.pdf or Ivanov_Passport.jpeg.
Each application portfolio should include:
1. Curriculum Vitae (2 page limit)
Candidates should submit a standard CV, including, at a minimum, their educational achievements, work and research experience, publications (if any), and language knowledge.
2. Letter of motivation (1 page limit)
This letter should describe the candidate's reasons for applying to this Master Program, in the context of the candidate's long-term career goals and background. It should shortly describe what research ideas or questions he/she is planning to follow up on during his/her studies in the programme.
3. Certificate of education. Official transcripts of previous educational studies.
All applicants must include up-to-date BA (or equivalent) transcripts even if the candidate is not yet complete with his/her degree. These transcripts should be official copies, stamped or approved by the study program director of Studies. Students with also a higher degree (such as another MA), should submit both transcripts within their application.
In the case, that a non-native applicant cannot provide a B2 and above language certificate, he/she can submit a document confirming that you have completed a course of English, or your prior educational programme was coducted exclusively in English.
4. Additional documents (the applicant’s choice: letters of recommendation (letter should specify how the reference knows the student (and for how long) and should address the student's qualification for this program and for further academic study in general. It is desirable that at least one of these letters must be from a current or former teacher, or senior academic colleague of the student), certificates of additional education, certificates of on-line courses completion, certificates of participation at scientific conferences, scientific publications, test results of an international language certificate, etc.)
5. Participation in an (online) interview with the members of the programme´s selection committee
Criteria for Portfolio Evaluation:
|Curriculum Vitae||10 points|
|Participation in an (online) interview||30 points|
|Certificates of education (with transcripts)||20 points|
|Letter of motivation||20 points|
|Additional documents||20 points|