Over the course of this programme, you will acquire skills and competencies in the following fields:
- generating and analysing texts;
- conducting research aimed at developing innovative electronic language resources;
- monitoring data arrays;
- making short- and long-range forecasts in diverse subject areas with the aid of computer tools of linguistic research;
- conducting comparative analysis of data from various topical domains;
- making expert assessments and judgment estimates;
- drawing up quality analytic documents.
Our programme is fundamentally different from traditional master’s programmes in linguistics due to its combination of two substantive blocks:
- fundamental linguistic disciplines, including corpus technologies,
- applied subjects, which allow students to gain competency in text analytics with the aid of digital technologies.
The curriculum of the Master’s Programme ‘Applied Linguistics and Text Analytics’ is structured in such a way that it contains courses that are an integral part of applied linguistics programmes around the world, which facilitates international academic mobility.
We welcome applications from graduates of bachelor’s programmes in linguistics and liberal arts who have at least a B2+ level of proficiency in English. Prospective students who have an interest in linguistics and are competent in English but earned a bachelor’s degree in a field other than linguistics or the liberal arts are also encouraged to apply.