'Russian School Abroad' - Series of Events for Teachers of Russian Schools in USA
From October 9 to October 16, 2018, HSE University together with Rossotrudnichestvo will hold a series of events for teachers of Russian schools in the United States.
The events will be held in Washington (DC), Portland (Oregon), and Sacramento (California).
Three identical sets of activities for teachers of Russian schools in the USA will be held – the first set in the city of Washington (DC), the second - in Seattle (Washington) and Portland (Oregon), and the third - in Sacramento (California). The period of seminars is from 9 to 16 of October 2018. The target audience is teachers of Russian schools (or schools with a Russian segment and charter schools).
Leading lecturers of the Higher School of Economics (Nizhny Novgorod branch) will give lectures and master classes. Round tables and lecture-presentations, introduction to new methods of teaching Russian language to bilingual students are waiting for you.
Seminars are free.
The objectives to solve during the set of activities are as follows:
- Discussion of topical issues in education in Russian abroad;
- Creation of motivation in conditions of growing educational complexity;
- Development of a vision for the most effective new approaches and techniques in the teaching of the Russian language, culture and modern literature to children and teenagers;
- Introduction of new digital educational resources;
Application of digital educational and informational resources in teaching Russian as a foreign language.
The set of activities is arranged by Higher School of Economics - Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
- Natalya Gronskaya – Doctor of Political Science, Ph.D. (specialty “Russian language”), Professor of the School of Applied Linguistics and Foreign Languages, HSE – Nizhny Novgorod.
- Marina Tsvetkova – Doctor of Philology, Professor of the School of Literature and Intercultural Communication, HSE – Nizhny Novgorod.
- Anastasiya Bonch-Osmolovskaya – Ph.D., Associate Professor of the School of Linguistics, Faculty of Humanities, HSE – Moscow.
The activities are held with the support of the Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent State Affairs, Compatriots Living Abroad, and International Humanitarian Cooperation (Rossotrudnichestvo).
Events are free.
Address in Washington (DC): 1825 Phelps Place, NW, Washington DC, contact person – director of Russian Cultural Centre in Washington Natalia Moroz: Tel 202 265 3840, email@example.com, dates: 9-10 October 2018
Address in Seattle (Washington) and Portland (Oregon) is specified, contact person – President of Association of Slavic Immigrants USA (ASIUS) Olga Zheleznova: Tel 360-910-6490, firstname.lastname@example.org, dates: 12 – 13 October 2018 г.
Address in Sacramento (California) 5640 Dudley Blvd McClellan, CA 95652, contact person – Founder & President of Slavic American Chamber Sergey Terebkov: Tel (916) 207-2295, email@example.com, dates: 15 – 16 October 2018 г.
Registration is required: https://goo.gl/forms/LQloBwEcRSxJ87Eg2