Understanding Russian Economy. Problems of Transition
- The purpose of the course is to bring the basic knowledge on the specific aspects of Russian economy that had significant impact on the latest development trends in Russia.
- Formulates and substantiates its own point of view on socio-economic processes in Russia and in the world.
- Сonducts analysis of socially significant problems and processes
- Understanding Russian Economy. Problems of TransitionIntroduction to ‘a transition in Russia’ course. Brief Russian economic history. Pillars of market reforms. Lost opportunities of transition. Understanding the golden decade and the subsequent crisis. Lessons of transition. Searching for solutions. Fundamental challenges to the Russian economy. Fundamental challenges to the Russian economy (follow up).
- Dzarasov, Ruslan. Conundrum of Russian Capitalism : The Post-Soviet Economy in the World System, Pluto Press, 2013. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=3386749.
- Shlapentokh, Vladimir, and Anna Arutunyan. Freedom, Repression, and Private Property in Russia, Cambridge University Press, 2013. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=1543586.