International Law In Action: Investigating and Prosecuting International Crimes
- The training in the International Law in Action is aimed to develop knowledge and skills, sufficient for subsequent digestion of branch disciplines. Student competence generated as a result of the discipline study After the study of the discipline the student should: Be familiar with the concepts and the main characteristics of International law; basic laws of origin, function and development of International Criminal law; conflict settlement and combating crime; development of the basic institutions of international humanitarian, maritime, economic, diplomatic and consular law, the role of international courts and tribunals while investigating and prosecuting international crimes, the challenges international courts and tribunals faces with while holding individuals liable for committing international crimes. Be able to operate with legal concepts and categories; to analyze legislation and legal relationships arising therefrom; to analyze, interpret and apply the law correctly. Have skills for working knowledge with legal acts, analyzing various legal events and relations, which are the objects of professional activity; solution of legal problems and conflicts.
- Student envelopes independent thinking and formulates proposals to enhance policies and practices while analyzing Lubanga case considered by ICC
- The student examines the role of different actors in the criminal process, argues positions from the perspective of a particular actor. He also relates legal and political challenges of courts to their mandates and working methods
- The student explains the importance of the involvement of victims in the international criminal process, examines the role of international criminal judges in international procedures. He evaluates an ICC case on child soldiers, to find out what makes international criminal trials so complicated.
- The student knows which illegal acts entail international criminal responsibility, he is familiar with the grounds for holding individuals liable for committing international crimes.
- The International Criminal Justice System: Core Concepts and Foundations
- The International Criminal Justice System: Justice Institutions and Procedures
- Trying Perpetrators
- Remedying Wrong and Look to the Future
- Бекяшев К.А. - Международное публичное право. Учебник - Проспект - 2019 - ISBN: 978-5-392-29680-4 - Текст электронный // ЭБС Проспект - URL: http://ebs.prospekt.org/book/42150
- Лазутин Л.А., под ред., Суворова В.Я. - Международное право - Юстиция - 2021 - ISBN: 978-5-4365-5041-1 - Текст электронный // ЭБС BOOKRU - URL: https://book.ru/book/936645
- Уткин В.А. - Международное право борьбы с преступностью - Юстиция - 2021 - ISBN: 978-5-4365-5157-9 - Текст электронный // ЭБС BOOKRU - URL: https://book.ru/book/936357